Last Date: 20/10/2021
Directorate of Secondary Education (DSE) has released an official recruitment notification for the 2272 Post Graduate Teacher vacancies in the 21 plain districts of Assam. These posts are lying vacant in various Provincialised Higher Secondary Schools / Higher Secondary & Multipurpose Schools / Senior Secondary Schools throughout the State of Assam. Candidates who are interested and eligible may apply online.
DSE Assam Recruitment 2021 Details
- Name of the Post: Post Graduate Teacher
- No. of Posts: 2272
- Category-wise Vacancy:
- EWS: 301
- OBC/ MOBC: 510
- PWD: 119
- SC: 187
- STH: 197
- STP: 338UR: 620
- Subject-wise Vacancy:
- Accountancy: 19
- Advance Assamese: 102
- Advance Bengali: 18
- Anthropology: 5
- Arabic: 37
- Assamese: 430
- Banking: 12
- Bengali: 62
- Bodo: 1
- Botany: 61
- Business Studies: 20
- Chemistry: 62
- Commercial Arithmetic: 3
- Economics: 196
- Education: 88
- English: 270
- Geography: 63
- Geology: 16
- Hindi: 6
- History: 211
- Home Science: 1
- Insurance: 1
- Logic & Philosophy: 51
- Manipuri: 7
- Mathematics: 124
- Nepali: 1
- Persian: 5
- Physics: 67
- Political Science: 189
- Salesmanship & Advertising: 5
- Sanskrit: 31
- Sociology: 26
- Statistics: 7
- Zoology: 75
- Pay Scale: ₹22,000/- to ₹97,000/- and Grade Pay ₹11,800/- PM and other allowances as admissible as per rule.
Note: The District-wise, medium-wise & category-wise post details shall be available from 12.00 Noon, 16.09.2021 on the official website at www.madhyamikassam.gov.in.
Eligibility Criteria for DSE Assam Recruitment 2021
Post Graduation with at least 50% marks (or its equivalent) from recognized University and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) from National Council for Teacher Education recognized institution.
Moreover, the degrees obtained through distance / off-campus mode beyond the territorial jurisdiction of the University / Institution without authorization by DEC under UGC cannot be recognized as valid but in pursuance of the Govt. letter no. ASE.176/2020/Pt/46, dated. 28.09.2020, the degrees issued by the ODLs of Assam can be considered as valid subject to fulfilment of the requirement of obtaining valid recognition by such Institution from DEC under UGC, as the case may be, as per the norms of UGC Notification on Specification of Degrees relating to subjects and courses.
Candidate shall have to appear and pass in the Higher Secondary Teachers Eligibility Test (HS TET) in the concerned cadre, conducted by Government scoring a minimum of 60% marks in each paper in case of Un-reserved category candidates and a minimum of 55 % marks in each paper in case of Scheduled Cases / Scheduled Tribes / Other Backward Classes and Persons with Disabilities candidates.
Provided that for the teachers working regularly against the sanctioned post in a Graduate post in any provincialised High School/ Higher Secondary School for a minimum period of 15 years having requisite academic and professional qualification for the post of Post Graduate Teacher, appearing and qualifying in TET shall be optional and they shall be awarded a weight-age of 60 marks for their 15 years of continuous teaching experience and those who have appeared and qualified in the TET shall get the TET qualified marks in lieu of the weight-age given for the experience.
Provided further that any experienced teacher who has appeared but could not secure the minimum qualifying 60 marks in the TET, shall be awarded at least 60 marks in respect of their experience if he or she has already completed 15 years of teaching experience. Any marks secure by such experienced teacher over and above 60 qualifying marks in TET shall be counted additionally in respect of TET for such teacher for the purpose selection of the post of Post Graduate Teacher.
In addition to the academic and professional qualification as per sub-rule (1), the candidate must satisfy the following criteria regarding the medium of instruction:-
- In case of Assamese Medium School, the candidate must have to passed HSLC or equivalent Examination with Assamese Language as one of the subjects or having Diploma in Assamese Language issued by the Axom Sahitya Sabha or read up to HSLC level in Assamese Medium School.
- In case of Bengali Medium School, the candidate must have passed HSLC or equivalent Examination with Bengali language as one of the subjects or having in Bengali Language issued by the Barak Upatyaka Bangya Sahitya Sanskriti Sammetan or read up to HSLC level in Bengali Medium School.
- In case of Hindi Medium School, the candidate must have passed HSLC or equivalent Examination with Hindi language as one of the subjects or read up to HSLC level in Hindi Medium School.
- In the case of Bodo Medium School, the candidate must have to passed HSLC or equivalent Examination with Bodo language as one of the subjects or read up to HSLC level in Bodo Medium School .
- In the case of English Medium School, the candidate must have passed HSLC or equivalent Examination with Alternative English as one of the subjects or read from Class XI onwards in English medium School.
Provided that for recruitment of teacher for teaching MIL subject, the candidate who passed HSLC Examination with particular MIL subject shall be considered.
Other Criteria for DSE Assam Recruitment 2021
- Age Limit: Age of the candidate should not be less than 21 years and not more than 38 years as on 1st January, 2021.
- Age Relaxation: The relaxation of upper age limit is as follows:
- OBC/MOBC: 3 Years
- ST/SC: 5 Years
- Ex-Servicemen: 2 Years
- PwD: 10 Years
Important Dates for DSE Assam PGT Recruitment 2021
- Starting date of online application submission: 25/09/2021, 12.00 Noon
- Last date of online application submission: 20/10/2021, 12.00 Noon
How to Apply for DSE Assam Recruitment 2021
Candidates who are interested and eligible may apply online for the above mentioned vacancies by visiting the official DSE Assam Recruitment Portal. To apply online, candidates may follow the steps mentioned below:
- Scroll down to the Important Links Secction of this post and click on Apply Online link.
- Complete the registration process by clicking ‘Register Now’.
- Next, fill all your personal and educational details and upload necessary documents. Then submit the form.
- Take a print out of the application.
Documents to be Uploaded
All the documents mentioned below should be coloured scanned and clear in PDF format while uploading and applying online and all documents should be self-attested.
- Passport Size Colour Photograph
- HSLC Mark sheet and Admit Card (Age Proof)
- HSSLC Mark-sheet and Certificate
- Mark sheet and Certificate of Bachelor Degree.
- Post Graduate mark sheet and Certificate.
- Higher Secondary TET mark sheet and Certificate.
- B.Ed Mark sheet (1st Year & 2nd Year) and Certificate
- Caste Certificate (in case of SC/ ST(P)/ST(H)/OBC/MOBC)
- Certificate NCC (Only B or C Category only), Sports & Cultural (if represented state at National Level)
- 10. Scanned Signature of the applicant.
- Experience certificate (if any) of 15 years of teaching experience as Graduate Teacher in Provincialised High / Higher Secondary School.